- Phone: (785) 825-1943
- Address: 1325 E. Cloud, Salina, KS 67401
- Saturday: 7pm (free meal served at 6pm)
- Sunday: 9am and 11am
When I was praying and reading Isaiah a few weeks ago, the Lord spoke to me about four ways I could show I trust Him this new year. Trust is a warmer, more personal word for faith. The dictionary defines trust as "assured reliance on the character, ability , strength and truth of someone". Here are the verses and the ways we can show our trust for the Lord:
1. I trust Him by staying my mind on Him.
You will keep Him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You because he trusts in You. (Isaiah 26:3) The word for mind here is our imagination or creative part of our mind. As much as possible, my thoughts should included Him.
2. I trust Him by spending more quality time with Him in prayer and devotion in my secret place.
Come my people, enter your chambers and shut the doors behind you. Hide yourself as it were, for a little moment, until the indignation is past. For behold, the Lord comes out of His place. (Isaiah 26:20) Where is God? He is in the secret place (Matthew 6:6) where I shut the door and meet with Him.
3. I trust Him by asking, listening and obeying all He tells me to do.
This also comes from the Lord of hosts who is wonderful in counsel and excellent in guidance. (Isaiah 28:29) I trust Him by asking Him about everything and realizing without Him, I can do nothing.
4. I trust Him by not worrying about what I can't control and trust Him that He is in control.
In that day, sing to her, A vineyard of red wine! I, the Lord, keep it, I water it every moment; Lest any hurt it, I keep it night and day. (Isaiah 27:2-3) He will take care of all those areas we cannot control.
That's how he showed me to trust Him this year and I am going to do it. I pray you will, too!